Ariadne seeks a talented C++ Programmer to develop and maintain an indexing engine and a web content delivery framework. The engine processes and makes searchable terabytes of rapidly growing biomedical information. The web portal system handles over 10 million hits from 1 million unique users every day. Both are high-performance, multi-threaded, distributed software systems running on hundreds of Linux-based servers at National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
- 5+ years of related software development experience
- hands-on C and C++ development experience, STL
- OO knowledge and programming experience in C++
- flexibility and ability to learn and use new technologies
- ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently and get things done
- database design/development experience, SQL
- XML/XSLT knowledge and experience
- experience designing/building any application framework
- multi-threaded programming experience
- cross-platform Linux/Unix, Windows programming experience
- experience in writing Unix shell, Python or Perl scripts
- information retrieval and text indexing experience
- experience with any Web application development frameworks
- background in biology or bioinformatics
- distributed systems
- network programming
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar is required
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- Competitive salary depends on skills and experience.
- Excellent benefits package
- No telecommuting.
Several positions are available that have following responsibilities: design and development of business-logic and presentation components for NIH web portal, system performance optimization, development of algorithms for analyzing large volumes of biological data, design and support of databases for storing genomic and other biological information.
Thank you for your interest in our C/C++ Software Developer position!
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Click Apply button now!