Ariadne seeks a software development project manager to coordinate the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) in a scientific environment, including defining technical and functional requirements, quality control planning, implementation, upgrades, and integration with existing systems through Agile Process methodology. Position includes daily coordination of complex technical projects dealing with scientific and genomic data at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
Will be responsible for tracking milestones, and producing deliverables. Balances risks, schedules, and resources. Coordinates cross-functional teams of various sizes with diverse technical skills sets. Advises senior management on technical issues. Communicates project issues to stakeholders and senior management. Participates in and provides technical and administrative expertise to software development projects. Responsible for software/system design and specifications, system implementation and integration, and testing.
- Formal education (minimum: Bachelor's degree) in Computer Science or related field.
- Requires at least 3 years of project management experience and at least 5 years of experience in a technical field.
- Strong Technical Knowledge of software application development.
- At least 3 years experience in Web Information Technology development and support.
- Microsoft Office and Sharepoint.
- Effective verbal and written communications.
- Hands-on experience with XML or HTML.
- Experience in one or more software development technologies such as C, C++, Java, Macromedia ColdFusion, Perl, or Python.
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience with scientific or biological data a plus.
- Experience as software development technical lead.
- Experience managing software development projects using Agile methodology.
- Experience working with large databases, statistical analysis, and clinical data.
- Experience in a research and development (R&D) environment with demonstrated ability to analyze problems and propose multiple solutions.
- Experience with relational database - in Oracle, MySQL, or Microsoft SQL as administrator or developer.
Ariadne offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including health insurance with 100% company paid premiums, 401K program with matching, paid time off and holiday pay, life insurance, flexible spending and disability coverage. We promote an excellent work life balance with a 40-hours workweek and a chance to work alongside accomplished scientists at NIH.
Ariadne is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Ariadne!
We look forward to reviewing your application.