We are currently searching for a Python/C++ Developer to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a permanent, full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
The Python/C++ Developer reports to the Branch Chief and has the following duties:
- Revamping NLM-Scrubber (written in Perl) using Python;
- Integrating NLM-Scrubber algorithms with various machine learning algorithms (including neural networks)
- Working with a small group of developers on site
- Developing new data structures, algorithms, and information flow architectures for increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Daily briefing using existing reporting templates (incl. descriptions of what to do and what has been done)
- Attending weekly group meetings
- Python (min. 5 year professional development experience)
- C++ (min. 5 year professional development experience)
- Able to interpret (read/understand) Perl programs
- Demonstrable skills on developing algorithms with advanced data structures
- GUI development both on Windows and Linux platforms using Python/C++
- Client/Server architecture based application development
- Developed multithreaded applications on Windows and Linux applications with multiple processes accessing shared memories
- Unit testing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- BS Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics—include all transcripts and certificates about mathematics, statistics, programming, data structure, and algorithm courses
- Python/C++ programming using relational database interfaces communicating with Oracle, MS-SQL Server, and/or MySQL
- NLP, Machine Learning
- Encryption, Blockchains
- Developed applications communicating via SSL or similar protocols
- Developed applications and adhered deadlines in an high-pressured research environment
- Developed math-heavy software applications
- Open source software publication on GitHub or elsewhere
- Competitive salary depends on skills and experience.
- Excellent benefits package
Thank you for your interest in our Python/C++ Software Developer position!
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Click Apply button now!