Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of web platform architecture for NCBI’s family of high-volume, complex, high-availability websites serving millions of user daily.
- Develop, create, and incorporate new components for the NCBI 2.0 Web and API platform, style guide, and component toolkit, supporting high-volume web activities along with user interaction and scientific data visualization.
- Build robust, performant, user-facing web applications in python/Django supporting millions of daily users.
- Provide thought leadership in the introduction and move to production usage for web, front-end, and related technologies.
- Lead agile product teams to deliver an unbelievably great user experience
- Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
- Demonstrated experience leading both remote and on-site development teams.
- Demonstrated experience in integrating Blog/CMS and CRM products with core business/website functionality.
- Experience delivering production APIs.
- Must be intelligent, self-motivated, a quick learner, technical, and have a curious mind.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related scientific or engineering field required.
- Excellent Web Development skills using Python, Django, Ruby, PHP, or similar technology.
- Adept at using modern APIs and frameworks (jQuery, jQuery UI, Angular, React, et al.)
- Web Agency and/or client-facing consulting experience a major plus.
Thank you for your interest in our Senior Web Development Lead position!
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Click Apply button now!