Ariadne seeks a talented Full-Stack Developers to develop and maintain an indexing engine and a web content delivery framework. The engine processes and makes searchable terabytes of rapidly growing biomedical information. The web portal system handles over 10 million hits from 1 million unique users every day. Both are high-performance, multi-threaded, distributed software systems running on hundreds of Linux-based servers at National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build the core components of web projects, back-end processing systems, and services
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain frequently complex dataflows
- Review requirements and propose maintainable, scalable solutions.
- Write advanced, high-quality, production-grade, readable code
- Python 3
- Linux and some bash scripting
- Git or other DVCS
- A solid understanding of and experience applying modern software design principles
- High personal standards of software craftsmanship; the ability to consistently and easily produce clean, readable code
- A commitment to comprehensive testing and maintaining a low defect rate
- Collaboration with other developers; being able to both advocate for your point of view and to give it up without hard feelings if the rest are not convinced; being able to both teach and learn; always seeking what is best for the team and for the user
- 3 years of experience or a postgraduate degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Django Web Framework
- MSSQL RDBMS
- Perl (for some legacy code work)
- CI/CD and TeamCity experience
- Apache Airflow
- MapReduce Frameworks such as Hadoop or Spark
- AWS or GCP experience
- Basic understanding of biology, genomics and human variation
- Competitive salary depends on skills and experience.
- Excellent benefits package
- No telecommuting.
Several positions are available that have following responsibilities: design and development of business-logic and presentation components for NIH web portal, system performance optimization, development of algorithms for analyzing large volumes of biological data, design and support of databases for storing genomic and other biological information.
Thank you for your interest in our Full-Stack Software Developer position!
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Click Apply button now!