Ariadne is looking for Senior Linux System Administrator for a position at NLM's Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications, part of the National Institutes of Health at the NIH campus in Bethesda, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish system parameters and formats to ensure hardware and software compatibility
- Evaluate and test new releases and variations of systems configurations
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems to resolve operational issues
- Apply systems patches and perform vulnerabilities management, and configure and maintain UNIX/LINUX and Windows systems integration and networks for the U.S. NIH's NLM's Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications.
- Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Informatics or related degree
- Must also demonstrate proficiency in system management, integration and troubleshooting for UNIX/LINUX and Windows operating systems and networks.
- Comfortable with the Linux or UNIX CLI
- Demonstrated significant experience in Linux Systems Administration (5+ years)
- Highly versed in Linux administration and best practices
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures
- Experience with automated configuration management (Puppet, Chef, etc… Puppet is preferred).
- Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation in at least two of Bash, Ruby, Python, and Perl
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc…)
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc…)
- Familiarity with large, complex Linux environments
- Comfortable dealing with users with varying levels of IT knowledge
- Team player who is nevertheless able to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience in a large, highly available Linux environment
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with Git
- Experience supporting large web applications environment (we have 3.5 million users per day)
- Knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Ariadne!
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Click Apply button now!